The National Environmental Complaints Committee (NECC) is established under Sections 31 to 36 of the Environmental Management and Coordination Act (No.8 of 1999). Its mandate is to investigate complaints from the members of the public regarding the condition of the environment, or on its own motion, suspected cases of environmental degradation. The Committee will prepare a report of its findings and recommendations thereon and submit the same to the National Environment Council, headed by the Minister for Environment and Mineral Resources.
NECC invites applications for the posts of Research Assistants, Environmental Sciences and Legal Affairs. The Research Assistants who will be on temporary basis will support the Committee with the following responsibilities
– Receiving and recording complaints at NECC.
– Interviewing complainants who visit NECC
– Participating in on-site investigation visits
– Participation in public hearings
– Participation in finalization of cases by NECC
– Preparing legal opinions in the preparation of rulings and recommendations
– Making the following draft reports on behalf of the Committee members;
– Annual reports
– State of Environment report
– Case reports
– Workshop reports
– Identification of target groups for workshops, barazas and hearings
Qualifications and experience
Applicants should be graduates of Bachelor of Environmental Science, Community Development, Human Resource, Public Relations and Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
The following will be added advantage:
1. Post graduate diploma in law
2. Research and report writing skills
3. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
4. Computer skills
Those who meet the above qualifications should submit their applications, a current CV together with their supporting documents in hand copy to the below mentioned by 21st August, 2015
Note: late applications will not be considered.
NATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE
POPO ROAD, OFF MOMBASA ROAD.
P.O. BOX, 36256 – 00200, NAIROBI.