In the course of its investigations, the NECC collaborates and receives assistance from the parties to a complaint as well as officials from, among others, the following:
- The Provincial Environment Committees;
- The District Environment Committees;
- The Water Resources Management Authority;
- Local authorities;
- The Kenya Forest Service;
- The Kenya Wildlife Service;
- Civil society; and
- Other government departments and ministries.
The collaboration and assistance includes, but is not limited to, location of sites of complaints, providing additional information, locating potential witnesses relevant to the investigation as well as documents.